Efficeint Word User

Default Enhance merge to email feature of word with cc: merge field.

I would like the merge to email feature of Word to be enhanced so that you
can merge more than one email address. For instance, I send individualize
grade reports to students. If I want to send the same reports to each
student's parents, then I have to do the merge again. It would be great if I
could send the reports to both students and parents in a single merge. One
possible idea is for there to be a carbon copy (cc selection to choose
another field. But hopefully there is a better idea so that I wouldn't be
limited again to only using 1 or 2 emails. For instance, if I want to send
the same report to each student's counsellor.

I tried making a field that contained ; ;
", but Word or Outlook couldn't work with it.
Efficeint Word User

Thank you for your reply. I just hope Microsoft takes notice of my request
and makes the needed upgrade to the merge to email.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

The easiest thing for you to do is to create additional records in the data
source for each of the cc recipients.

Otherwise, you can use a macro that makes use of the Outlook Object Model to
access the cc field, but it is a bit involved and the above suggestion may
be the easiest.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Efficeint Word User" Efficeint Word wrote
in message ...
I would like the merge to email feature of Word to be enhanced so that you
can merge more than one email address. For instance, I send individualize
grade reports to students. If I want to send the same reports to each
student's parents, then I have to do the merge again. It would be great
if I
could send the reports to both students and parents in a single merge.
One
possible idea is for there to be a carbon copy (cc selection to choose
another field. But hopefully there is a better idea so that I wouldn't be
limited again to only using 1 or 2 emails. For instance, if I want to
send
the same report to each student's counsellor.

I tried making a field that contained ;
;
", but Word or Outlook couldn't work with it.