Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Fetsch Mary Fetsch is offline

Default Text Form Date

In my Word 2007 document, I have a text form with Type equal to 'Date'. Is
there a way I can set the default date to be the current date? (I don't want
to set the Type to 'Current date' because then the user can't change it.)
Thanks!

Mary Fetsch
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This could be done with an "Entry" macro assigned to the form field in
question. What follows is a simple version of such a macro:

Sub TestMacro()
If Trim$(ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1") _
..Result) = "" Then
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1") _
..Result = Format$(Now(), "MMMM DD, YYYY")
End If
End Sub

It is assumed that the bookmark name specified for the field is "Text1"
(which is the default). If you have chosen a different name, you should of
course use that one instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP