Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeb Jeb is offline

Default pasting linked cell from Exc and maintaining formatting no matter

I am linking a data cell from Excel into Word.

I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text

I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I
modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes.

How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the WOrd document, press Alt+F9 to display the field codes and add the \*
charformat switch inside the closing }, replacing \* mergeformat if it is
there. Now apply the desired formatting to the L of Link then press Alt+F9
again to toggle off the display of the field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"JEB" wrote in message
I am linking a data cell from Excel into Word.

I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text

I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I
modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes.

How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeb Jeb is offline

Default pasting linked cell from Exc and maintaining formatting no mat

That worked when the information was modified or completely changed within
the same file, but what about the cases where you change the link to a
different file (but the same corresponding cell)?