Reader_Cyn

Default How do I keep ### from turning into a thick line?

While working on a manuscript, I come to the end of a chapter and it is my
direction to include 3 pound signs, centered then go onto the next line.
These 3 pound signs (###) turn into a solid, heavy black line. How do I turn
this option off? I know I can backspace to get rid of the line, but I want
to turn the option OFF.
pjscott

Click on Tools / Auto Correct Options.

Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.

Under Apply as you type take out the check on Border Lines.

This should do it.

Paul

"Reader_Cyn" wrote:

While working on a manuscript, I come to the end of a chapter and it is my
direction to include 3 pound signs, centered then go onto the next line.
These 3 pound signs (###) turn into a solid, heavy black line. How do I turn
this option off? I know I can backspace to get rid of the line, but I want
to turn the option OFF.

Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Sissy from Memphis Sissy from Memphis is offline
Junior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader_Cyn View Post
While working on a manuscript, I come to the end of a chapter and it is my
direction to include 3 pound signs, centered then go onto the next line.
These 3 pound signs (###) turn into a solid, heavy black line. How do I turn
this option off? I know I can backspace to get rid of the line, but I want
to turn the option OFF.
Cindy this is Sissy. I found you finally. I don't have an email address for you but here is mine. . Please get in touch with me. I would love to talk to you. I tried to contact you thru your church that I found online but have not had any luck yet. Anyway..hope to hear from you.
Love, Sissy