Troy A. Courtney

Default How to stop entire document style changing when changing 1 line?

I am running Word 2003.

When ever I try to make a change to the formating of a single line, Word
automatically applies the change to the entire document. Pressing Ctrl-Z
reverts the entire document back leaving the original change I had intended
in place. This is getting very time consuming.

How do I change this? I can not seem to find the setting that prevents this
from happening.

Thanks,
Troy A. Courtney

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

Note, however, that this would not be a problem if you used the appropriate
paragraph styles instead of applying direct formatting to Normal style.

"Troy A. Courtney" Troy A. wrote in
message ...
I am running Word 2003.

When ever I try to make a change to the formating of a single line, Word
automatically applies the change to the entire document. Pressing Ctrl-Z
reverts the entire document back leaving the original change I had

intended
in place. This is getting very time consuming.

How do I change this? I can not seem to find the setting that prevents

this
from happening.

Thanks,
Troy A. Courtney

Troy A. Courtney

Suzanne,

Thank you. You are correct of course. I just need to take the time to set up
the style that I am going to use.