XP PICTURE INSERT

Default Before WINDOWS XP I could see pics inserted

Grrrr..how can a person "see" the picture that gets inserted into a WORD
document? The XP boxes seem to make the pictures "invisible" at all
times...except at printing. It sure was easy to use in WINDOWS '95 or '98 for
example. You copy and insert and voila...the picture was there. Modify away.
HELP!
Graham Mayor

Tools options view uncheck 'picture placeholders'

In some circumstances failure to display images can be associated with
inadequacies in the display driver. If the above is not the issue, update
the display driver and/or reduce the driver's hardware acceleration in
Windows.