Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scottishkiwi

Default Watermark is hidden behind text on one page only, how to show it?

I am trying to put draft across our document to find that on one page only
draft isn't showing - I know it is there, like it is hidden behind the text.
How can I get it to show? I've tried everything! Am wondering if what is on
the page is causing problems? There are alot of rows and cells?? Any help
would be very much appreciated!!!! :-)
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Watermark is hidden behind text on one page only, how to show it?

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble with a watermark not showing up on one specific page of your document. Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:
  1. First, make sure that the watermark is actually applied to the entire document and not just certain sections. To do this, go to the "Design" tab in the ribbon, click on "Watermark," and select the desired watermark. If it's already selected, try selecting a different watermark and then re-selecting the original one.
  2. If the watermark is applied to the entire document, but still not showing up on one page, it's possible that the text on that page is covering it up. To check this, try selecting all of the text on the page (Ctrl+A) and then changing the font color to something lighter, like white. If the watermark suddenly becomes visible, then you know that the text was indeed covering it up.
  3. If the text is covering up the watermark, you can try adjusting the text wrapping settings for the watermark. To do this, right-click on the watermark and select "Wrap Text" "Behind Text." This should move the watermark behind any text on the page.
  4. If the above steps don't work, it's possible that there's a formatting issue with the page itself. Try copying all of the text on the page and pasting it into a new, blank document. Apply the watermark to the new document and see if it shows up properly. If it does, you can then copy and paste the text back into the original document.

I hope these steps help you get your watermark showing up properly!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Scott -

You give no version information or any other details, so this is just a guess.

I believe you're probably dealing with one of two things:

1) The 'rows & cells' are actually a picture that has been pasted into the
doc and the area that appears to be white is actually opaque white pixels
that obscure the watermark, or

2) The rows & columns are a table which has white applied as a shading color.

If it is a picture, click it, which should produce the Picture Toolbar.
There is a tool near the right end of it called the Set Transparent Color
tool. If it is active, click the button, then click the white area. This _is
not_ active for all images. If not, there isn't much in Word you can do about
it.

If it is actually a Table, go to TableSelectTable, then to FormatBorders
& Shading. On the Shading page select None instead of white.

There are other possibilities as well, so if these ideas don't work please
supply all pertinent information when you respond, including where the
problem page is located in the doc.

HTH |:)