Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KenS.

Default How do I restore the alignment icons to my toolbar?

The left alignment, center alignment, right alignment icons weer on my
toolbar. Now they aer gone and I cant retreive them.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben Bullock

"KenS." wrote in message
The left alignment, center alignment, right alignment icons weer on my
toolbar. Now they aer gone and I cant retreive them.

This problem occurred to me too. Sometimes the buttons fall off the "end" of
the toolbar, maybe if you don't use them. On the right end of the toolbar
there is a little black triangle and two chevrons like so:

and if you click on this the missing buttons are in a little menu which pops
up. If you use the button from the menu it gets put back onto the toolbar.
It's some kind of space saving scheme. I'm not too sure of the logic of how
it's decided which buttons get bumped off the toolbar though.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Assuming you're not (as Ben Bullock assumes) using adaptive menus and
displaying Standard and Formatting toolbars on a single row, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm