Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default error message - file conversion

When I start MS Word 2003 each time I get an error message that locks it up:
"word cannot open this document template (C:\....\STARTUP\~veReminder.dot

How do I permanently get rid of this file and/or the add-in that it seems to
link to? thanks.
--
JRF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In Windows Explorer, navigate to c:\Documents and Settings\[Your
Name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup and you should find the
problem template (addin).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

" wrote in
message ...
When I start MS Word 2003 each time I get an error message that locks it
up:
"word cannot open this document template (C:\....\STARTUP\~veReminder.dot

How do I permanently get rid of this file and/or the add-in that it seems
link to? thanks.
--
JRF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It looks like perhaps you installed the SaveReminder add-in and then deleted
it, leaving the owner file (which is what $~veReminder.dot is). You will
need to delete this temporary file to stop the message.

" wrote in
message ...