Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

Default How to build a frame with a picture on the border using Word?

Hello

I desperately need help with this one. My wife wants to build a frame
surrounded by a picture (gif picture). To do so, we need to cut and
crop the figure so that it will fit to the four sides of the frame. We
kind of got it but there is an annoying black line surrounding the
whole frame.

Questions:
a) Is there an easy way to do it? We don't like what we did ...
b) How can I get rid of the black line surrounding the whole frame?
c) Is there any other tool besides the word that can do the job nice
and clean?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

Hello Suzane

Many thanks. I tried that but the line doesn't go away.

What would you (step by step) do to build a frame with a picture?

Many thanks

Ed

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I desperately need help with this one. My wife wants to build a frame
surrounded by a picture (gif picture). To do so, we need to cut and
crop the figure so that it will fit to the four sides of the frame. We
kind of got it but there is an annoying black line surrounding the
whole frame.

Questions:
a) Is there an easy way to do it? We don't like what we did ...
b) How can I get rid of the black line surrounding the whole frame?
c) Is there any other tool besides the word that can do the job nice
and clean?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not clear what you're trying to do, but if you just want to have a
picture surrounding a rectangular area in which you can put text or
something else. I'd just insert the picture and then put a text box (with
solid fill) in front of it.

oups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Have you tried selecting the frame and choosing None in Format | Borders

and
Shading? Or, if this is actually a text box, Format Text Box: Colors and

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I desperately need help with this one. My wife wants to build a frame
surrounded by a picture (gif picture). To do so, we need to cut and
crop the figure so that it will fit to the four sides of the frame.

We
kind of got it but there is an annoying black line surrounding the
whole frame.

Questions:
a) Is there an easy way to do it? We don't like what we did ...
b) How can I get rid of the black line surrounding the whole frame?
c) Is there any other tool besides the word that can do the job nice
and clean?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

Suzanne

Yes, I want to have a rectangular area where I will write some stuff
sorrounded by a picture. The only problem is that I have to cut and
paste part of the picture to build the four sides (the frame). Is
there a way to put aside some area to just insert the picture on it.?

Something like

| ------------------------------------ |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| |__________________| |
|_____________________ |

Between the two rectangules goes the picture (I need to fill it in with
several pieces of some picture - I need to rotate the pieces of the
pciture where it is necessary.) and the text goes inside of innermost
rectangule. The lines shown cannot be part of the printout.

Many thanks

Ed

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I desperately need help with this one. My wife wants to build a frame
surrounded by a picture (gif picture). To do so, we need to cut and
crop the figure so that it will fit to the four sides of the frame.

We
kind of got it but there is an annoying black line surrounding the
whole frame.

Questions:
a) Is there an easy way to do it? We don't like what we did ...
b) How can I get rid of the black line surrounding the whole frame?
c) Is there any other tool besides the word that can do the job nice
and clean?

Many thanks

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, this is not a single picture that is behind the text. This is more
like border art? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm. But
no matter how you insert your picture or your text, you should be able to
remove any borders by formatting the border as None or lines (applied to
text boxes or AutoShapes) as No Line.

oups.com...

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emammendes@gmail.com is offline

Yes, it is more a border art.

Many many thanks. I am going to try it right nwo.

Eduardo

PS. Thanks for pointing the url. I shall try to check for asnwers there
before posting to the list.