Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michael Cullis Michael Cullis is offline

Default Formatting in Mail Merge

I have a mail merge document which is sourced from an Excel worksheet. The
document is a doctor's account and includes fees for services. At present
mail merge prints .00 when the amount in Excel is blank. What I need to be
able to do is to show a blank if the Excel field is blank or the amount to
two decimal places (even if it is a round figure eg200) if it is not. So far
I I can do either one but not the other.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need a formatting switch - see
{Mergefield Fieldname \# ",$0.00;(,$0.00);"} should cover both bases.

If that doesn't give a blank for the empty field then either configure the
Excel data to have 0 on the field instead of blank or use a conditional
field

{IF {Mergefield Fieldname} ".00" "{Mergefield Fieldname \#
",$0.00;(,$0.00);"}" ""}

Michael Cullis wrote:
I have a mail merge document which is sourced from an Excel
worksheet. The document is a doctor's account and includes fees for
services. At present mail merge prints .00 when the amount in Excel
is blank. What I need to be able to do is to show a blank if the
Excel field is blank or the amount to two decimal places (even if it
is a round figure eg200) if it is not. So far I I can do either one
but not the other.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maureenf54 Maureenf54 is offline

My problem is the reverse, I'm merging from an excel spreadsheet, I need the
end zero to be visible in the word document after the merge. Ex. I need
$350.60 to show, but I get $350.6. Can you help?

Michael Cullis wrote:
I have a mail merge document which is sourced from an Excel
worksheet. The document is a doctor's account and includes fees for
services. At present mail merge prints .00 when the amount in Excel
is blank. What I need to be able to do is to show a blank if the
Excel field is blank or the amount to two decimal places (even if it
is a round figure eg200) if it is not. So far I I can do either one
but not the other.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You should try what Graham suggested.

--