Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jan Jan is offline

Default Change height of autotext table in header

Hi,

I have a table that has been saved as autotext that I need to insert in a
header when I create a page dynamically in VBA. The table contains a maximum
of 25 rows with bookmarks in the cells that are populated from info entered
on a user form. If rows have no data in them then they are collapsed.

So far so good, this all works ok.

The problem arises when I fill in all of the rows with data. The table then
hides the rows at the bottom and I can't seem to adjust the height of the
table in any way so that they can all be seen. I've made the header area
larger but the table seems to have a fixed height.

I feel that I'm missing something really obvious here but I've looked at the
table properties and I can't see anything that will help. Is there a way for
me to get all of the rows to display?

Thanks in advance.

Jan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you make sure that the rows of the table are set to a variable
height? In Table | Table Properties, Row tab, clear the "Specify
height" box for each row.

You may also want to display nonprinting marks (press the ¶ button on
the Standard toolbar) to make sure that no empty paragraphs (¶) are
present in the table cells.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jan Jan is offline

Thanks Stefan.

Unfortunately, as this is a legal document, I need to set the height of each
row to be at least 0.55cm as this is the format that the court requires.

Does this mean that my only option is to dynamically create the table in VBA
for each additional page that I need to append to the end of the document, or
is there some other way that I can allow the height of the table to expand
along with it's contents? This seems to be a problem only in the header as
I've got similar tables elsewhere in the document and they work just fine
(although they are not autotext).

"Jan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You should be able to use the "At least" option (but perhaps you've
already tried this). This should work, unless one or more rows
contains so much data that the header "interferes" with the main body
of the document.

I'm not sure why you need to put the table in the header? Is it
supposed to repeat on each page, or are you also using section breaks
to have different header contents on each page? If the latter, adding
pages and putting the table in the body of the text seems like an
easier task. Of course, what is the best solution depends on how the
document is structured. Personally, I have no experience at all with
legal documents. :-)

To rule out any macro problems, you may also want to ask in a
programming newsgroup, such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Clarification: To add pages, you would have to insert either page
breaks or add paragraphs of text with "Page break before" enabled (in
Format | Paragraph, Line and Page Breaks tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP