Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
beastman beastman is offline

Default multiple word documents on one screen

I recently installed a second monitor and I have lost the ability to open two
(or more) different word documents at the same time. When I open the second
document, it appears where the first opened document used to be and the first
one "disappears" (i.e., I have to go back to the original source/folder to
pull it out again and, when I do, the previously opened document disappears
and on and on......).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What does the Window menu in Word show? If you are running Windows XP, do
you have the option set to "stack" documents on a single Taskbar button?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "Windows in Taskbar" checked on the View tab of Tools |

Options?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.