Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mscertified mscertified is offline

Default How get out of landscape mode?

I have a part of my document that unbeknownst to me was in landscape format.
I added a centered table and inside this table I copied a screen image. It
prints in landscape mode. I want this whole section to be portrait mode. I
went to the page break above and changed to portrait mode 'from this point
forward'. It did not work, it inserted a new page break with 'portrait mode
this section' and my landscape section stayed landscape. This is driving me
nuts. How can I fix this and just make all landscape mode go away for ever.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

The big idea here is that Word puts a Section (not a page) into Landscape or
Portrait mode. You can see what section you're in on the status bar. At the
top of your document, the status bar will say Sec 1. If you go to the end of
your document, the status bar might say (eg) Sec 2 or Sec 3.

If you want your whole document to be portrait, then you need to remove all
the section breaks, so you'll just have one section in your document. And
then make it portrait.

To remove the section breaks, you'll need to be able to see them. So click
the ¶ button on the toolbar. You should now see things like
============== Section Break (Next Page)=====================
in your document. (If you don't see things like this, do ToolsOptionsView.
In the Formatting Marks section, tick "All".)

Now, click on the section break and press Del to delete it. Look around to
find all the section breaks, and delete each one in the same way.

When you're finished, go to the end of your document. The status bar should
say Sec 1. So you only have one section in your document. Now, File Page
Setup. On the Margins tab, click the Portrait button.

For more information, see
Working with sections
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"mscertified" wrote in message
I have a part of my document that unbeknownst to me was in landscape
format.
I added a centered table and inside this table I copied a screen image. It
prints in landscape mode. I want this whole section to be portrait mode. I
went to the page break above and changed to portrait mode 'from this point
forward'. It did not work, it inserted a new page break with 'portrait
mode
this section' and my landscape section stayed landscape. This is driving
me
nuts. How can I fix this and just make all landscape mode go away for
ever.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mscertified mscertified is offline

There was nothing wrong with my document. All I had do to correct the
situation was to recopy the screen image into the table. It seems that when
you are in landscape mode and do the copy the table 'sticks' in landscape
mode even after the page format is set back to portrait..

David