Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gayle Gayle is offline

Default doing labels from outlook,getting database engine failure

In Word when I to get labels from Contacts, I get the following message
"Operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failure.
Try again later" I have been trying for several days, but cannot make it work
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The first thing to try is to start from Outlook, i.e.
a. open your Outlook contacts list and make any selections you want
b. click Outlook Tools|Mail merge...
c. study the options in the dialog box that pops up, then make your choices
and proceed

That doesn't always solve the problems but if it does, it's usually a much
better way to merge from Outlook.

If you still get similar problems, perhaps you could follow the recent
conversion in this group about a very similar subject (it's titled "Word
crashes when I try to mail merge using Outlook recipients"), try the
suggestions in there, and post back (preferably whether or not you succeed).

Peter Jamieson