Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mal Mal is offline

Default Modifying Normal Style

How do I modify the Normal style directly in Word 07?

mal
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wwwho wwwho is offline

I am not sure if I understand what you mean by 'directly'.

In any case, there are a number of ways to your goal.

The most convinient one - IMHO - would be to assign Normal to a paragraph,
then manually format that paragraph as you see fit, then right-click on the
Normal style button in the Styles Gallery and select 'Update Normal to match
selection'.

A more conservative route would be. In the Style Gallery right-click on the
Normal button and select 'Modify ...'. This opens a big dialog box with the
necassary options to modify the style.

Regards

"Mal" wrote:

How do I modify the Normal style directly in Word 07?

mal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mal Mal is offline

Thanks for your reply. I may have misled you in the manner that I phrased my
question. Below is the original posting, in which I explained a universal
formatting problem I'm having.

In Office Word 07 (Windows Vista), I cannot find a way to solve a formatting
problem Im having. When I highlight a paragraph to change its style, the
whole document changes to the style I chose for the selected paragraph. Also,
If I change a paragraphs word-font size or color, the whole document changes
according to the style in the selected paragraph.

I opened Microsoft Vistas €śModify Style€ť box, but, unlike in Windows XP,
there was no checkbox for €śAutomatically Update€ť. I also clicked on the
Office Button and selected €śWord Options€ť, and the €śPopular€ť on the €śenable
live preview€ť was already checked. Furthermore, none of the €śStyles€ť box
selections solves the problem.