Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Good Ghost Good Ghost is offline

Default advanced replace

Ok, so I want to find in text phrases like:

12%
15%
76%

and I want to replace it to:

ca. 12%
ca. 15%
ca. 76%

Is there any way to do that? If so, how?

Regards,
goodghost

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need a wildcard search for

([0-9]{1,2}%)
replace with
ca. \1

this will however add another ca. to any two digit percentage that already
has ca. in front
See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

Good Ghost wrote:
Ok, so I want to find in text phrases like:

12%
15%
76%

and I want to replace it to:

ca. 12%
ca. 15%
ca. 76%

Is there any way to do that? If so, how?

Regards,
goodghost

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can perform a wildcard search:

Press Ctrl+H.

Click the More button, and check the "Use wildcards" option.

"Find what": [1-9]@%
"Replace with: ca. ^&

Click Replace All.

Note that this assumes that the percentages does not include a decimal
sign.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Good Ghost" wrote in message
ps.com...
Ok, so I want to find in text phrases like:

12%
15%
76%

and I want to replace it to:

ca. 12%
ca. 15%
ca. 76%

Is there any way to do that? If so, how?

Regards,
goodghost

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On 8 Cze, 13:38, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
You can perform a wildcard search:

Press Ctrl+H.

Click the More button, and check the "Use wildcards" option.

"Find what": [1-9]@%
"Replace with: ca. ^&

Click Replace All.

Note that this assumes that the percentages does not include a decimal
sign.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Good Ghost" wrote in message

ps.com...

Ok, so I want to find in text phrases like:

12%
15%
76%

thx, it works perfect

and I want to replace it to:

ca. 12%
ca. 15%
ca. 76%

Is there any way to do that? If so, how?

Regards,
goodghost- Ukryj cytowany tekst -

- Poka cytowany tekst -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Good Ghost wrote:
Ok, so I want to find in text phrases like:

12%
15%
76%

thx, it works ;-)

and I want to replace it to:

ca. 12%
ca. 15%
ca. 76%

Is there any way to do that? If so, how?

Regards,
goodghost- Ukryj cytowany tekst -

- Poka cytowany tekst -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Good Ghost" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 8 Cze, 13:38, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
You can perform a wildcard search:

Press Ctrl+H.

Click the More button, and check the "Use wildcards" option.

"Find what": [1-9]@%
"Replace with: ca. ^&

Click Replace All.

Note that this assumes that the percentages does not include a

decimal
sign.

--
Stefan Blom