Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kenya Kenya is offline

Default Excel and Word - mult lines on info on excel for one customer

I currently keep an excel spreadsheet for all of my customers, and typically
do a simple mail merger for letters. My manager has asked me to create an
attachment letter with mult lines of information from a new excel spreadsheet
I created and it keeps repeating the same information from line one only.
The headers for my excel spreadsheet are shown in example below and I would
like to have them appear this way in word.
For instance, I need to send John Robinson a letter to explain to him his
old report information has changed an has been entered onto a new rept. He
has 10 diff reports that he uses so I need to inform him of all of these. I
tried to enter a table with three columns, his name, old rept, new rpt,
however the only rept displaying is the first one in the list. The excel
spread sheet is set up the same way, EXCEPT, the lines below his name and
above the next customers name are blank with the exception of the old rept
and new rept information, see below.
EXCEL Spreadsheet
Cust Name Old Rpt # New Rpt #
John Robinson 2 20
3 38
13 69
Sally Smith 5 15
6 60
8 87
WORD
Cust Name Old Rpt # New Rpt #

WORD after merge
Cust Name Old Rpt # New Rpt #
John Robinson 2 20
John Robinson 2 20
John Robinson 2 20

If I cannot find an answer, I will have to do this manually, and that option
does not look good to me. Any help is greatly appreciated! THANKS!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kenya Kenya is offline

Sorry, correction on the excel spreadsheet example. It did not keep the
correct format.
EXCEL Spreadsheet
Cust Name Old Rpt # New Rpt #
John Robinson 2 20
3 38

13 69
Sally Smith 5 15
6 60
8 87
WORD
Cust Name Old Rpt # New Rpt #

WORD after merge
Cust Name Old Rpt # New Rpt #
John Robinson 2 20
John Robinson 2 20
John Robinson 2 20

"Kenya" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Kenya,

Unfortunately Word isn't designed to do this sort of thing.

If possible you would be better off creating a report in Access to do it.

Otherwise, I suggest you look at the "Group Multiple items for a single
condition" section on
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

or

Peter Jamieson

"Kenya" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kenya Kenya is offline

Not what I wanted to hear, but Thanks for the links. I am not able to access
Cindys but I printed the other one and I will try it out. Thanks!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Hi Kenya,

Unfortunately Word isn't designed to do this sort of thing.

If possible you would be better off creating a report in Access to do it.

Otherwise, I suggest you look at the "Group Multiple items for a single
condition" section on
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

or