Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lucy Lucy is offline

Default How do I insert comments without a comment option under insert?

There is no "comment" option under my insert menu...I want to insert comments
into word docs. how do I get this option to appear? Or is there another way I
am just not seeing?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

"Comment" must be in your insert menu by default unless someone removed it
from there , you can add it in the Insert menu by following customizing
toolbar insturctions you can also use reviewing toolbar and you'll see
comment command on this toolbar.
--
Best regards,
Harvey

"Lucy" wrote:

There is no "comment" option under my insert menu...I want to insert comments
into word docs. how do I get this option to appear? Or is there another way I
am just not seeing?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word?

In Word 2007, click on Review | Comments | New Comment.

In Word 2003 or earlier, if you have adaptive menus enabled, then click
on the little black triangle at the bottom of the Insert dropdown menu
to see more menu choices. If you still don't get Comment as a menu
choice, then see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm .