Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nicolasmith5 nicolasmith5 is offline

Default avg not letting me open word

have recently downloaded avg anti virus. since then have been unable to open
word or excel documents. have tried reinstalling office. any clues?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I run AVG and have no problem with opening Office files. Why do you belive
AVG is the problem? Is it something other than timing?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"nicolasmith5" wrote in message
have recently downloaded avg anti virus. since then have been unable to
open
word or excel documents. have tried reinstalling office. any clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

AVG AV is excellent and shouldn't be causing any false readings with Word
documents, however it does have an undocumented office plug-in that can be
diabled to speed up access to documents without impairing your overall
security.

Unregister the calling DLL by running the following command line from
Windows Start Run

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgoff2k.dll"

I take it you have properly uninstalled your previous AV product? Some, like
Norton, can be quite hard to eliminate and there may be cross
contaimination.