Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RayW RayW is offline

Default How do you change decimal alignment in tables?

I cannot find a command for changing the decimal alignment, by columns or
multiple cells, in a table. I want to set the numbers as financial without
0's after the decimal.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You must set a decimal tab stop in the cells/column where you want decimal
alignment. You do not need to insert a tab character in table cells, just
set the tab stop. This will align the cell contents on the first non-numeric
character (other than the thousands separator) after a number, which can be
a decimal point, an asterisk, a closing parenthesis, an alphabetic
character, or the end of the entry. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm