Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin55 Kevin55 is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Word 2007 Table of Contents


Hi all,
I am new to this forum and may be repeating- if so I apologize.
I am using MS Word 2007 on a hebrew enabled PC.
When I set up a TOC in a doc and then click F9 to refresh, the TOC
regenerates but from right to left(ie Pg no on right and title on
left). Alignment and text direction is set to left to right.

After refreshing I can manually reset direction to left to right, but
each time I update, it reverts to right to left! Please help

Anybody know how to stop this from happening or what I need to do to
permanently stop it.

Thanks




--
Kevin55
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,348
Default Word 2007 Table of Contents

I realize that you would like to have a reply that solves your problem, but
hourly reposting of the same issue will not get one for you any faster:-)
That isn't how newsgroups work.

It may take several hours for your post to appear & once it does there is no
guarantee that any of those who volunteer their time here will be along to
read it any time soon... You just have to be patient & check back
periodically for replies. If you have need of immediate resolution your
alternative is to call MS Support & pay the fee:-)

I'm afraid I don't work much with RTL, but I believe the problem lies in the
TOC Style not being defined to include RTL format. Each time you update the
TOC it's being reformatted based on what the Style calls for. I'm certain
someone will be along with more expertise on the subject.

In the meanwhile you may want to peruse the following links:

http://word.mvps.org/index.html

http://word.mvps.org/FindHelp/Posting.htm

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac


On 1/9/08 3:31 AM, in article ,
"Kevin55" wrote:


Hi all,
I am new to this forum and may be repeating- if so I apologize.
I am using MS Word 2007 on a hebrew enabled PC.
When I set up a TOC in a doc and then click F9 to refresh, the TOC
regenerates but from right to left(ie Pg no on right and title on
left). Alignment and text direction is set to left to right.

After refreshing I can manually reset direction to left to right, but
each time I update, it reverts to right to left! Please help

Anybody know how to stop this from happening or what I need to do to
permanently stop it.

Thanks




  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kevin55 kevin55 is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Word 2007 Table of Contents

Thank you for your reply.
I just want to point out that the repost was an accidental error as I
thought it was posted to a different group.
I certainly didNOT expect an immediate response and was quite horrified when
I saw that 2 posts on the same topic had gone through.

I will look at the references you suggested, but FYI I have already checked
the links and also the TOC style definition to ensure it was set to LTR.
I suspect, the issue may have something to do with the fact that the PC is
Hebrew enabled and automatically has the RTL option.

I await any further suggestions
Thanks
--
kevin55


"CyberTaz" wrote:

I realize that you would like to have a reply that solves your problem, but
hourly reposting of the same issue will not get one for you any faster:-)
That isn't how newsgroups work.

It may take several hours for your post to appear & once it does there is no
guarantee that any of those who volunteer their time here will be along to
read it any time soon... You just have to be patient & check back
periodically for replies. If you have need of immediate resolution your
alternative is to call MS Support & pay the fee:-)

I'm afraid I don't work much with RTL, but I believe the problem lies in the
TOC Style not being defined to include RTL format. Each time you update the
TOC it's being reformatted based on what the Style calls for. I'm certain
someone will be along with more expertise on the subject.

In the meanwhile you may want to peruse the following links:

http://word.mvps.org/index.html

http://word.mvps.org/FindHelp/Posting.htm

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac


On 1/9/08 3:31 AM, in article ,
"Kevin55" wrote:


Hi all,
I am new to this forum and may be repeating- if so I apologize.
I am using MS Word 2007 on a hebrew enabled PC.
When I set up a TOC in a doc and then click F9 to refresh, the TOC
regenerates but from right to left(ie Pg no on right and title on
left). Alignment and text direction is set to left to right.

After refreshing I can manually reset direction to left to right, but
each time I update, it reverts to right to left! Please help

Anybody know how to stop this from happening or what I need to do to
permanently stop it.

Thanks





  #4   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,428
Default Word 2007 Table of Contents

"kevin55" wrote:

I will look at the references you suggested, but FYI I have already
checked
the links and also the TOC style definition to ensure it was set to LTR.
I suspect, the issue may have something to do with the fact that the PC is
Hebrew enabled and automatically has the RTL option.


Have you tried changing the default language? See
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

The following macro *might* also be useful (it certainly works in an
installation that does *not* have any right-to-left languages installed):

Sub ChangeTextDirection()

ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleNormal).ParagraphForm at. _
ReadingOrder = wdReadingOrderLtr

ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleTOC1).ParagraphFormat . _
ReadingOrder = wdReadingOrderLtr

ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleTOC2).ParagraphFormat . _
ReadingOrder = wdReadingOrderLtr

'Add commands for any additional TOC styles / levels that
'need to be changed.

ActiveDocument.Content.ParagraphFormat. _
ReadingOrder = wdReadingOrderLtr

End Sub

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP








I await any further suggestions
Thanks
--
kevin55


"CyberTaz" wrote:

I realize that you would like to have a reply that solves your problem,
but
hourly reposting of the same issue will not get one for you any faster:-)
That isn't how newsgroups work.

It may take several hours for your post to appear & once it does there is
no
guarantee that any of those who volunteer their time here will be along
to
read it any time soon... You just have to be patient & check back
periodically for replies. If you have need of immediate resolution your
alternative is to call MS Support & pay the fee:-)

I'm afraid I don't work much with RTL, but I believe the problem lies in
the
TOC Style not being defined to include RTL format. Each time you update
the
TOC it's being reformatted based on what the Style calls for. I'm certain
someone will be along with more expertise on the subject.

In the meanwhile you may want to peruse the following links:

http://word.mvps.org/index.html

http://word.mvps.org/FindHelp/Posting.htm

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac


On 1/9/08 3:31 AM, in article ,
"Kevin55" wrote:


Hi all,
I am new to this forum and may be repeating- if so I apologize.
I am using MS Word 2007 on a hebrew enabled PC.
When I set up a TOC in a doc and then click F9 to refresh, the TOC
regenerates but from right to left(ie Pg no on right and title on
left). Alignment and text direction is set to left to right.

After refreshing I can manually reset direction to left to right, but
each time I update, it reverts to right to left! Please help

Anybody know how to stop this from happening or what I need to do to
permanently stop it.

Thanks









Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update Table of Contents with Word 2007? jayorbev Microsoft Word Help 7 March 4th 08 06:24 PM
Help with word 2007 figures, bibliography, and table of contents kbaker Microsoft Word Help 7 February 3rd 08 12:58 AM
Word 2007 Table of Contents can't turn off gray highighting Rojo26 Microsoft Word Help 4 August 26th 07 10:16 PM
table of contents word 2007 Ruth New Users 1 August 14th 07 08:00 AM
word 2007 - table of contents - why is my appendix indented? robr Microsoft Word Help 0 June 29th 07 04:40 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:11 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"