Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Confused Word Client

Default How do I make Word prompt to save changes.

Hi

Just recently Word 2003 has stopped prompting me to save my documents when I
make changes to them. As you can imagine this can be a bit of problem.

How do I make Word prompt me to save any changes when I go to close a
document that I have made changes to?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q29uZnVzZWQgV29yZCBDbGllbnQ=?=,

Just recently Word 2003 has stopped prompting me to save my documents when I
make changes to them. As you can imagine this can be a bit of problem.

How do I make Word prompt me to save any changes when I go to close a
document that I have made changes to?

First, do a complete virus scan of your system and your documents. The behavior
you describe sounds like one of the very first macro viruses...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OZWanderer05

Hi Cindy

Thanks for that tip. Unfortunately no virus found with Trend or Nortons. Any
other ideas.

"Confused Word Client" wrote:

Hi

Just recently Word 2003 has stopped prompting me to save my documents when I
make changes to them. As you can imagine this can be a bit of problem.

How do I make Word prompt me to save any changes when I go to close a
document that I have made changes to?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?T1pXYW5kZXJlcjA1?=,

Thanks for that tip. Unfortunately no virus found with Trend or Nortons. Any
other ideas.

If you hold down CTRL when starting Word, to go into Safe Mode, does the problem
go away (for that session)? If it does, then we're probably looking at an Add-in
that's interfering (same principle as a virus, but not an "official" virus, might
be a tool you've installed, for example).

The next thing to test, if that doesn't yield any results, is starting Windows in
Safe Mode.

Just recently Word 2003 has stopped prompting me to save my documents when I
make changes to them. As you can imagine this can be a bit of problem.

How do I make Word prompt me to save any changes when I go to close a
document that I have made changes to?

First, do a complete virus scan of your system and your documents. The behavior
you describe sounds like one of the very first macro viruses...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 08:32 PM