Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bubbajean bubbajean is offline

Default is there a way to place a text watermark in a vertical position?

I'm trying to put a text watermark in a document, but I want it to be
vertical. so I created a png file and saved it, then placed it as a
watermark as a picture. It is centered in the middle of the document, I want
it to be along either the left or right hand margin, is there a way to change
the position?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open the header (either by clicking on View | Header and Footer, or by
clicking on Insert | Header | Edit Header, depending on whatever unknown
version of Word you're using), left-click once on the watermark to
select it, and drag it to the desired position on the page.

bubbajean wrote:

I'm trying to put a text watermark in a document, but I want it to be
vertical. so I created a png file and saved it, then placed it as a
watermark as a picture. It is centered in the middle of the document, I want
it to be along either the left or right hand margin, is there a way to change
the position?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There was no need to create a graphic. The insert watermark tool would
have done the job. Insert the text watermark from the dialog then open the
header, select the watermark text and rotate to the angle you wish, then
drag it where you want it located. Close the header.