Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shelly

Default Printing to different paper in a 2-page merge document

I have a 2-page document, each page of which will be personalized via mail
merge. I need to print the first and second pages on different paper for each
set of letters. I know how to set the printer options when I have a single
2-page letter, but I can't figure out how to do it for the merged letters.

How do I set it up so the printer alternates pulling from tray 1 (for first
page) and tray 2 (for continuation page) of the letters?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you execute the merge to a new document and then use a macro containing
the following code on that document, it will send each letter to the printer
as a separate print job, which may allow you to achieve what you want.

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shelly" wrote in message
I have a 2-page document, each page of which will be personalized via mail
merge. I need to print the first and second pages on different paper for
each
set of letters. I know how to set the printer options when I have a single
2-page letter, but I can't figure out how to do it for the merged letters.

How do I set it up so the printer alternates pulling from tray 1 (for
first
page) and tray 2 (for continuation page) of the letters?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shelly

Thank you for the information. However, I have never worked with macros so I
have no idea how to include it in the merged document.

"Shelly" wrote in message
I have a 2-page document, each page of which will be personalized via mail
merge. I need to print the first and second pages on different paper for
each
set of letters. I know how to set the printer options when I have a single
2-page letter, but I can't figure out how to do it for the merged letters.

How do I set it up so the printer alternates pulling from tray 1 (for
first
page) and tray 2 (for continuation page) of the letters?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

See

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

Peter Jamieson

news

"Shelly" wrote in message
I have a 2-page document, each page of which will be personalized via
mail
merge. I need to print the first and second pages on different paper
for
each
set of letters. I know how to set the printer options when I have a
single
2-page letter, but I can't figure out how to do it for the merged
letters.

How do I set it up so the printer alternates pulling from tray 1 (for
first
page) and tray 2 (for continuation page) of the letters?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You don't 'include it in the document' you run it with the merged docuemnt
open. See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

"Shelly" wrote in message
I have a 2-page document, each page of which will be personalized
via mail merge. I need to print the first and second pages on
different paper for each
set of letters. I know how to set the printer options when I have a
single 2-page letter, but I can't figure out how to do it for the
merged letters.

How do I set it up so the printer alternates pulling from tray 1
(for first
page) and tray 2 (for continuation page) of the letters?

Thanks in advance.

Print 2 half-sheet mail merge docs on one sheet of paper Sue Microsoft Word Help 7 April 27th 23 08:49 AM
Changing page number Denis Levesque Microsoft Word Help 4 April 11th 06 12:58 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
preview odd number pages on the right and even on the left mikeo Page Layout 6 February 26th 05 12:26 AM
merge document with columns and page number in header resets Island Grrl Mailmerge 1 January 12th 05 03:40 AM