Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stickcc stickcc is offline

Default Issues with Word 2007

My team is all having similar issues when we try to format documents. If need
to make a word bold, I highlight the word, and use Cntl-B or click on the B
on the ribbon. The entire document is bolded! When you undo, everything goes
back the way it was and the word that I wanted bolded remains bold. The same
thing happens with numbering, bullets, almost any kind of formatting change
to a previously written document. Sometime it even happens with a new
document that I've saved and reopened.
Has anyone else has these issues? We have just recently moved to 2007 and
didn't know if this was a known issue or if it just is something that my team
is experiencing.
We have all experienced big black areas in the document that just appear.
When you scroll up or down it will disappear. Maybe we don't have enough
memory on our machines? We are all pretty advanced users, but this has us
stumped!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The formatting issue isn't specific to Word 2007, it's just that the option
that controls it got set behind your back during the upgrade. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm.

The black area is also not just in Word 2007. Check the color depth setting
in Windows -- see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303507.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

stickcc wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stickcc stickcc is offline

Thank you! I changed all the styles in our template - now I have my fingers
crossed that was it.
Not sure about the color setting, still looking into that, but thanks for
all your help.