Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
StefanM StefanM is offline

Default Howto suppress page footer on last page of document?

Hi,

I know that you can define a different page header for the first page
(i.e. none) than for following pages. But I did not find a way to
suppress the page footer on the last page of the document.

Use case: print invoices with running total on every page footer and
page header, except page header for first page and page footer for
last page.

How can this be done in Word /(we are still on Word 2003...)

Thanks,
Stefan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi StefanM,

What you can do is to embed the footer contents in a field coded as:
{IF{PAGE}= {NUMPAGES} "" "Your footer goes here"}

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message.

--
Cheers
macropod

"StefanM" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I know that you can define a different page header for the first page
(i.e. none) than for following pages. But I did not find a way to
suppress the page footer on the last page of the document.

Use case: print invoices with running total on every page footer and
page header, except page header for first page and page footer for
last page.

How can this be done in Word /(we are still on Word 2003...)

Thanks,
Stefan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
StefanM StefanM is offline

Hi macropod,

yes thanks, that was easy! Although I should have done a search before
asking a FAQ ;-)

Stefan

How do you suppress page numbers later in a document? Karen D. New Users 3 October 10th 08 05:42 AM
Can section page 3's be in header and document page #'s in footer Page Numbering Troubled Microsoft Word Help 1 January 11th 07 08:33 PM
How do I suppress a footer (initials) on one page only Mary Microsoft Word Help 1 September 29th 06 06:29 AM
Howto use Whole Page? Deon Page Layout 2 June 22nd 05 08:59 PM
How do I suppress a page number from printing on the first page? Andrea Microsoft Word Help 2 January 6th 05 08:47 PM