Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rosebud Rosebud is offline

Default Deleting a row from its sister on previous page

I would like to delete a row that flowed from page 1 onto page 2. How can I
delete the row that continued onto page 2 and not destroy the row that will
print on page 1? They appear to be linked because when I use "delete a row"
to get rid of the row on page 2, the row on page 1 is deleted also.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

They're clearly part of the same row, which has been allowed to break across
pages.

http://word.mvps.org

"Rosebud" wrote in message
I would like to delete a row that flowed from page 1 onto page 2. How can
delete the row that continued onto page 2 and not destroy the row that
will
print on page 1? They appear to be linked because when I use "delete a
row"
to get rid of the row on page 2, the row on page 1 is deleted also.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rosebud Rosebud is offline

You've told me what it is--now please tell me how to solve it--I want to
separate or to use your term, break off the continuation of the row so that
it stops with the text on the previous page. I'm finished with the table and
want to return to just plain text. Thanks.

"Rosebud" wrote in message
I would like to delete a row that flowed from page 1 onto page 2. How can
delete the row that continued onto page 2 and not destroy the row that
will
print on page 1? They appear to be linked because when I use "delete a
row"
to get rid of the row on page 2, the row on page 1 is deleted also.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rosebud Rosebud is offline

I finally did this to solve my problem: I expanded the bottom margin of the
page/document. The seemingly orphaned row on page 2 went back with its
sister on page 1 and now I can go on with my text. MS, it takes too long to
find an answer this way--could you post answers that seem to work (for word
tables, for example)?

"Rosebud" wrote in message
I would like to delete a row that flowed from page 1 onto page 2. How can
delete the row that continued onto page 2 and not destroy the row that
will
print on page 1? They appear to be linked because when I use "delete a
row"
to get rid of the row on page 2, the row on page 1 is deleted also.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It was not clear from your first post that you were trying to exit the
table, which you can do via Right Arrow instead of Tab, which creates a new
row, or Enter, which creates a new paragraph in the same row. You will find
this much easier to understand if you display nonprinting characters (so you
can see the paragraph marks) and table gridlines. There is always an empty
paragraph after a table at the end of a document, and you can get to it
either by clicking on it or by using the Right Arrow key to get to it.

If you had chosen not to allow the row to break across pages (on the Row tab
of Table Properties), then the entire row would have been on the second
page, and you could have handled it as a single row (hiding white space
between pages also makes this easier). You could have split the row into two
rows and dragged content from one row into the next, but since it appears
that you wanted to delete the second row, it makes more sense just to delete
the content.

Note also that you are not talking to Microsoft here. All answers are
provided by other users, all of whom are volunteers. If you need an
immediate answer, you must be willing to call Microsoft Support and pay for
immediate service (which you'll likely find takes longer than NGs).

http://word.mvps.org