Foyeti23

Default Document pauses

I have a specific document I use on a regular basis that freezes temporarily
when I am entering new text onto the document. There is nothing special
about the document other than a few tables so I'm not sure why this is
happening. It seems to happen in the same spots on the page as well, the
program will just freeze for 5-8 seconds and then start up again. This is
rather annoying and makes it hard to work within the document. Any ideas?
Genine

Do you have your table set to automatically resize to fit contents?
Sometimes this will slow up your system dramatically as Word is struggling
to adjust the column widths to accommodate the text you're inputting.
Go to Table Table Properties and click on the Options button and remove
the tick and see if that helps speed things up a bit.
Also you could try working in normal layout (alt control N) rather than
print layout as this will make your system a teeny bit faster to display.
Genine