Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diddakoi

Default Clipboard Items to Alphabetize

I have Word 2003, using Windows XP.

I have noticed that when I put items on the clipboard, they don't show in
the order I put them on the clipboard, but rather, the items alphabetized
themselves as things are added to it. I really prefer that they go on -- and
stay on -- in the order I put them on. Any suggestions on how I can fix
this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

I've never encountered anything like what you're describing. Is it possible
that you have an add-in of some kind that's running interference and placing
the clipboard items in alphabetical order?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Diddakoi" wrote in message
I have Word 2003, using Windows XP.

I have noticed that when I put items on the clipboard, they don't show in
the order I put them on the clipboard, but rather, the items alphabetized
themselves as things are added to it. I really prefer that they go on --
and
stay on -- in the order I put them on. Any suggestions on how I can fix
this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diddakoi

Can you describe what your suggesting in more detail? I'm not sure if this
is contributing to the problem I described or not. Is there something I can
look for in my set up, properties, etc. to see if what you're describing is
the culprit? Thanks.

"Diddakoi" wrote in message
I have Word 2003, using Windows XP.

I have noticed that when I put items on the clipboard, they don't show in
the order I put them on the clipboard, but rather, the items alphabetized
themselves as things are added to it. I really prefer that they go on --
and
stay on -- in the order I put them on. Any suggestions on how I can fix
this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Diddakoi,

If you hold the ctrl key when starting Word it should enter Office safe mode. Do you get the same behavior when in safe mode? If
not, then there could be a 3rd party add in involved.

=========
"Diddakoi" wrote in message ...
Can you describe what your suggesting in more detail? I'm not sure if this
is contributing to the problem I described or not. Is there something I can
look for in my set up, properties, etc. to see if what you're describing is
the culprit? Thanks.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview