Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TBoe

Default Table format problems

I was emailed a 30 page Word doc created with Word 2000. The entire doc is
made up of a 4X2 table on each page. There are a few pages with an 8X13 table
within one of the tables which when I open up the doc, is not in the form of
a table. It looks more like a list within the original table. There are
some pages
were the table extends past the bottom of the page and other pages where one
row (4X1) table is present but I cannot sync to the bottom (4X1) table. I
have tried "shrink to fit". I have tried multiple suggestions from Suzanne
Barnhill's site but I am running out of ideas. Thanks in advance for any
help or suggestions you can give.

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If a table extends past the bottom of the page, it is wrapped. On the Table
tab of Table Properties, set text wrapping to None. Also, if you have nested
tables and are opening the document in a version earlier than Word 2000,
they will not convert properly.

"TBoe" wrote in message
I was emailed a 30 page Word doc created with Word 2000. The entire doc

is
made up of a 4X2 table on each page. There are a few pages with an 8X13

table
within one of the tables which when I open up the doc, is not in the form

of
a table. It looks more like a list within the original table. There are
some pages
were the table extends past the bottom of the page and other pages where

one
row (4X1) table is present but I cannot sync to the bottom (4X1) table. I
have tried "shrink to fit". I have tried multiple suggestions from

Suzanne
Barnhill's site but I am running out of ideas. Thanks in advance for any
help or suggestions you can give.

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TBoe

II did check that it was already set to none. Supposedly the document was
created in Word 2000. I'm using Word 2003. You would think it would be able
to convert
the nested tables. Also each page has a table that's used for a header
(Titles) and I can only access 2 of the 30 headers. (This is not part of the
Header/footer) One of the header tables sits on a page by itself and if I
try to remove the cells, it deletes the remaining headers on the following
pages. Any ideas on that?
Thanks again

"TBoe" wrote in message
I was emailed a 30 page Word doc created with Word 2000. The entire doc

is
made up of a 4X2 table on each page. There are a few pages with an 8X13

table
within one of the tables which when I open up the doc, is not in the form

of
a table. It looks more like a list within the original table. There are
some pages
were the table extends past the bottom of the page and other pages where

one
row (4X1) table is present but I cannot sync to the bottom (4X1) table. I
have tried "shrink to fit". I have tried multiple suggestions from

Suzanne
Barnhill's site but I am running out of ideas. Thanks in advance for any
help or suggestions you can give.

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Well, the latter problem sounds like you've got rows marked as heading rows
(which will repeat on each page) and the table rows all marked as "Keep with
next" (when it's the heading rows that should be formatted this way) so that
they're chasing each other to the next page. You may find this easier to
sort out in Normal view, where you'll see the heading rows only once.

If the table is running off the page, then even if it's not wrapped it must
be in a frame or text box or something; otherwise it would break to the next
page.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If a table extends past the bottom of the page, it is wrapped. On the

Table
tab of Table Properties, set text wrapping to None. Also, if you have

nested
tables and are opening the document in a version earlier than Word 2000,
they will not convert properly.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.