Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tryin_to_Learn Tryin_to_Learn is offline

Default Formatting a list item that doesn't also format the bullet or numb

I need to create a list where the content of some of the list items is red.
When I do that, the bullet or number also turns red. How do I keep the bullet
or number black?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Format Bullets and Numbering Select the bullet or number in question
customize font change the font colour to black.

Tryin_to_Learn wrote:
I need to create a list where the content of some of the list items
is red. When I do that, the bullet or number also turns red. How do I
keep the bullet or number black?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although Graham's technique will work, there is a simpler and, I think,
better way. Display nonprinting characters, select the paragraph mark, and
remove the red formatting from it. No matter how carefully you select text,
even if you explicitly omit the paragraph mark, Word will apply formatting
to the paragraph mark anyway (trying to be helpful), and the number follows
the formatting of the paragraph mark, so you have to remove the formatting
from it explicitly.