Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SBH SBH is offline

Default Calculating in tables and background color

I have two questions I hope someone can resolve for me.

1. Whenever I open a new Word document, the background of the page is grey,
while on my wife's computer, it is white. I would like to make mine white,
for all new documents for many reasons. One reason is due to fields in a
table, which appear grey. With a grey background, you cannot see the curser
in the field. Therefore, can someone tell my how to make them all white when
they open?

2. I made a table in Word and set the table for fields to allow people to
input info based on the labeled cells. In two columns, I want them to be
automatic sum, the same as it would be in Excel. Therefore, when a number is
entered, the total will appear at the bottom cell. Other than clicking the
"Auto Sum" icon every time the numbers are entered, I cannot find a way to
make it permanent, without having to use "Auto Sum" every time. Is there a
way to make this automatic?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. The paper color in Word is the window color in Windows (Display |
Appearance).

2. Are you using form fields or just table cells?

"SBH" wrote in message
news9adnW5LOsx2hJDVnZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SBH SBH is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
1. The paper color in Word is the window color in Windows (Display |
Appearance).

2. Are you using form fields or just table cells?

I made a table and using form fields within the cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure that "Calculate on exit" is enabled in each form field that
contributes to the calculation.

"SBH" wrote in message
news:FKCdnXbrbtNtXZDVnZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
1. The paper color in Word is the window color in Windows (Display |
Appearance).

2. Are you using form fields or just table cells?

I made a table and using form fields within the cells.

Font Color and Page View Background Color CassieCC Microsoft Word Help 1 January 8th 07 09:36 PM
color background HFSF Page Layout 1 September 21st 06 10:52 AM
Calculating dates in word tables Tel Tables 6 April 14th 06 02:38 PM
Working with formulas in Word tables - calculating time on scene. HCFRAdmin Tables 6 January 21st 06 05:28 AM
Background Color Carol Microsoft Word Help 1 September 14th 05 02:51 PM