Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mitzi Talbot Mitzi Talbot is offline

Default Table insists on being on new page without a page break inserted

For some reason long tables now want to start on a new page, rather than
being on the previous page with their caption. I have not inserted any page
breaks, and have tried formatting the table to allow it to split up rows
between pages, but nothing seems to be working. I have had no problem with
these tables until now (some being created 2 years ago), but maybe something
happened with the formatting styles? Can't seem to work it out.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

There are a number of settings to check. For example, you may have "Page
break before" (Format Paragraph Line and Page Breaks tab) turned on for
all of or some of the paragraphs in the first table row. For other
possibilities, see:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Mitzi Talbot" wrote:

For some reason long tables now want to start on a new page, rather than
being on the previous page with their caption. I have not inserted any page
breaks, and have tried formatting the table to allow it to split up rows
between pages, but nothing seems to be working. I have had no problem with
these tables until now (some being created 2 years ago), but maybe something
happened with the formatting styles? Can't seem to work it out.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mitzi Talbot[_2_] Mitzi Talbot[_2_] is offline

Default Table insists on being on new page without a page break insert

Thank you, the style did have the line and page breaks tab selected, changed
it to keep with next line