Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carolynawolfe Carolynawolfe is offline

Default Combining tables in word documents

Has anyone tried to combine tables from two or more word documents. I have
several files that were originally the same. The tables in all of the
documents were filled out by different people, so I have several files. I
want to combine just the tables from all of the documents into one file for
editing? I hope I have relayed enought information.

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Copy and paste would seem easy enough, but I'm guessing that you want this
to be more or less automated? One way would be make use of INCLUDETEXT
fields. First, bookmark each of the tables, and then, in the target file,
click Insert | File (Insert tab | Object | Text from File in Word 2007). In
the dialog box, locate the file name. Click the Range button and type the
bookmark name. Click OK. Click the arrow on the Insert button, and choose to
"Insert as Link." Repeat the procedure for the other documents/tables.

Once the tables have changed in the source documents, you can update the
INCLUDETEXT fields by selecting them and pressing F9.

For more on INCLUDETEXT, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...textfields.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Combining Tables Denise Tables 4 April 29th 08 02:42 PM
Combining word documents in VB.NET Martin Microsoft Word Help 1 November 7th 07 07:57 PM
combining seperate word documents into one columbo Microsoft Word Help 1 July 17th 07 03:23 PM
Combining two Word documents Aixlachaise Microsoft Word Help 3 June 13th 06 11:24 PM
combining tables of contents [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 September 19th 05 06:51 AM