Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Iji Paul Iji is offline

Default How do I insert a footnote on only the top page in Word 2007?

I am inserting a footnote (Corresponding author) in a Word 2007 document, but
this is showing on all pages. I need it on page 1 only.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A footnote or a footer? Footnotes should appear only on the page the
references they refer to appear upon. Footers appear on all pages subject to
page setup options.

Paul Iji wrote:
I am inserting a footnote (Corresponding author) in a Word 2007
document, but this is showing on all pages. I need it on page 1 only.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Observe that if you are in Draft view, footnotes are displayed in the
footnote pane (which opens automatically as you insert the first note). To
hide them, just close the footnote pane.

Or are you saying that the same note is repeated on each page in Print
Layout view?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul Iji" Paul wrote in message
I am inserting a footnote (Corresponding author) in a Word 2007 document,
but
this is showing on all pages. I need it on page 1 only.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I suspect that you mean a footer rather than a footnote. Either you have
inadvertently inserted a footer when what you wanted was a footnote, or, if
you do mean a footer but want it just on the first page, you can check the
box for "Different first page" on the Layout tab of the Page Setup dialog
(reached via the dialog launcher in Page Layout | Page Setup), then use the
First Page Footer for your first page footer text.