Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Merging Zip Code Errors Merging Zip Code Errors is offline

Default Spellchecker/Standard dictionary question for Word 2007

Spellcheck does not flag the word "Kaufman" as misspelled. It is NOT a word I
added to the custom dictionary (I checked in hopes of deleting it). How do I
remove the word "Kaufman" or "kaufman" from the default
dictionary/spellchecker installed in Word 2007?

I want to make sure that if that word is added to a document (not
necessarily one that I have created) that it picks up the error since it
should be spelled "Kaufmann". (As in, Federated Kaufmann Fund.)

I did add "Kaufmann" to the custom dictionary in hopes that it might flag
"Kaufman", but that has not worked.

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word's lexicon includes a number of names; many people do have the name
Kaufman, which is why it is included. If you want it to be marked as
misspelled, you need to add it to an exclusion dictionary. Instructions for
this are at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...rdFromDic.htm;
although this article has not been updated for Word 2007, everything should
work the same provided you get the right number for your Word version (12).