Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Default Quick Access Toolbar

Struggling with the Word's 2007 toolbar and menus!

Is there a way to create a drop-down menu on the Quick Access Toolbar. In
2003, I could drag and drop macros that I created onto a menu button.

I've gotten the Menu button showing onto the Quick Access Toolbar; however,
I don't know of any way to add items to it. Also, is there any way to give
the buttons a name instead of picture?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

--
Jerry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guruveer Guruveer is offline

Hi Jerry,

In Word 2007, right click on any of the toolbars and choose the Option to
"Customize the Quick Access Toolbar" or go to the Office icon Word Options.

This will bring up the customize window. In here, you can customize a ton of
things in Word 2007.

This menu is equivalent to the Tools Options in Word 2003. You can
customize the toolbars, Addins, Access the Trust Center, View options, etc.

Lets go to the Customize option.

Here you can add the familar 'New' icon and 'Open' icon to it (i know i use
those buttons quite a bit and missed having it right there)

You can add which ever you like, the bar itself will expand as you add
icons/shortcuts.

Thank you.

Guruveer

OR
You can download word 2003 viewer software. Which will help you to use word
2007. Follow the link below.

"Jerry" wrote:

Struggling with the Word's 2007 toolbar and menus!

Is there a way to create a drop-down menu on the Quick Access Toolbar. In
2003, I could drag and drop macros that I created onto a menu button.

I've gotten the Menu button showing onto the Quick Access Toolbar; however,
I don't know of any way to add items to it. Also, is there any way to give
the buttons a name instead of picture?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

--
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Thanks for the response. However, my issue is that I don't want the toolbar
to expand all the way across the page. I want drop-down choices. I've got 50
items I want to place on the toolbar. And, is there a way to type in a name
for each button?

--
Jerry

"Jerry" wrote:

Struggling with the Word's 2007 toolbar and menus!

Is there a way to create a drop-down menu on the Quick Access Toolbar. In
2003, I could drag and drop macros that I created onto a menu button.

I've gotten the Menu button showing onto the Quick Access Toolbar; however,
I don't know of any way to add items to it. Also, is there any way to give
the buttons a name instead of picture?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

--
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jerry,

Except for adding Macros to the Quick Access Toolbar there isn't a way to change the icon or name of an item on that Toolbar. There
also isn't a way to make your own drop down menus that you can drag and drop to. You can, if you still have and earlier version of
Office to get something like what you mentioned, using the technique shown here
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
or you can use a product such as http://toolbartoggle.com, or customize the Ribbon or right context menus with a bit of XML or VBA
or http://ribboncustomizer.com to be able to have more choices.

You can also save the Quick Access Toolbar entries in 3 different places.

- the default Word.QAT (xml file) for entries to always be available.

- In a Word template for entries only wanted when working on documents created from a specific template or with an attached
template (Alt, T, I)

- In a specific Word document.

The choices in Office Button=Word Options=Customize for the location of the Quick Access Toolbar entries will change based on
whether or not you have opened a template.

==============
"Jerry" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the response. However, my issue is that I don't want the toolbar
to expand all the way across the page. I want drop-down choices. I've got 50
items I want to place on the toolbar. And, is there a way to type in a name
for each button?

Jerry
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If your items were on a toolbar in 2003 and are in add-in templates that are
loaded during a Word 2007 session, you can a single custom toolbars icon to
the QAT.

When you click it, a menu containing your items will drop down from the QAT.
The drop down for my 30 some items shows up as a ribbon-like panel that is
about as wide as the group on the add-ins ribbon. The really cool thing is
that the icons from W2003 are still used.

PamC

Jerry wrote:
Thanks for the response. However, my issue is that I don't want the toolbar
to expand all the way across the page. I want drop-down choices. I've got 50
items I want to place on the toolbar. And, is there a way to type in a name
for each button?

Hi Jerry,

[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]

Any suggestions? Thanks.