Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julia DB Julia DB is offline

Default Quick Access Toolbar

Can I copy the QAT from one computer to another?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Julia DB wrote:
Can I copy the QAT from one computer to another?

Yes, if it has been customized, you'll find a Word.qat file in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft Office. Since that's a hidden folder, you'll have to set the
option in Windows Explorer to display hidden files and folders. Copy it to
the equivalent location on the other computer.

The same folder may also contain .qat files for the other Office programs
that have a Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julia DB Julia DB is offline

Thanks, but I looked in that folder and that file is not there. It has been
customized. Any ideas on where else I might look?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Julia DB wrote:
Can I copy the QAT from one computer to another?

Yes, if it has been customized, you'll find a Word.qat file in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft Office. Since that's a hidden folder, you'll have to set the
option in Windows Explorer to display hidden files and folders. Copy it to
the equivalent location on the other computer.

The same folder may also contain .qat files for the other Office programs
that have a Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There's only other folder it might be in, and that's only if you're running
Windows Vista. In that case, look in C:\Users\your
name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OFFICE.

I'll repeat, in case you missed it, that first you must set the option in
Windows Explorer (a.k.a. My Computer or just Computer, depending on version) to
display hidden files and folders. If that option is turned off, you won't find
the file even with a search of the entire disk.