Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TX Jo TX Jo is offline

Default Cannot access word 2007 (docx) docs from Word 2003

What do I have to do to be able to access documents saved in Word 2007? I
have Word 2003.
--
TX Jo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Download the compatibility pack from Microsoft's site.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"TX Jo" wrote in message
What do I have to do to be able to access documents saved in Word 2007? I
have Word 2003.
--
TX Jo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TX Jo TX Jo is offline

JoAnn, I cannot find the compatibility pack on the Microsoft site. Do you by
chance have a link?

--
TX Jo

"TX Jo" wrote in message
What do I have to do to be able to access documents saved in Word 2007? I
have Word 2003.
--
TX Jo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TX Jo TX Jo is offline

Thanks Suzanne, but I am getting this error: The Patch could not be opened.
Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact
the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Patch
Package.

I have saved the exe file to my computer and run it from there.
--
TX Jo

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See

http://word.mvps.org

"TX Jo" wrote in message
What do I have to do to be able to access documents saved in Word 2007?
have Word 2003.
--
TX Jo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer[_2_] Mary Sauer[_2_] is offline

See:
You receive the "This patch package could not be opened" error message in an
Office program
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=295823

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"TX Jo" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne, but I am getting this error: The Patch could not be opened.
Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact
the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Patch
Package.

I have saved the exe file to my computer and run it from there.
--
TX Jo

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See

http://word.mvps.org

"TX Jo" wrote in message
What do I have to do to be able to access documents saved in Word 2007?
have Word 2003.
--
TX Jo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TX Jo TX Jo is offline

Thanks Mary, but I am still getting the same error. I downloaded the Windows
Install Cleanup - deleted MS Office 2003 -- reinstalled it and tried to run
the compatability exe file again. Any other suggestions?
--
TX Jo

"TX Jo" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne, but I am getting this error: The Patch could not be opened.
Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact
the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Patch
Package.

I have saved the exe file to my computer and run it from there.
--
TX Jo

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See