Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cristyh cristyh is offline

Default Page numbers as Written Numbers NOT numerals in header/footer

I have the Page # in the header of a form I've created (fields, etc.). The
format I need to use is "PAGE TWO" instead of "Page 2." Is there a way to
switch from numerals to text? Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

cristyh wrote:
I have the Page # in the header of a form I've created (fields,
etc.). The format I need to use is "PAGE TWO" instead of "Page 2."
Is there a way to switch from numerals to text? Thank you for your
help.

In the header, type (or copy/paste) this:

PAGE PAGE \*CardText \*Upper

Select from the second 'PAGE' to the end of 'Upper', and then press Ctrl+F9
to make the selection into a field. The result should look like this:

PAGE { PAGE \*CardText \*Upper }

Click somewhere between the braces and press F9 to update the field.

For background information on this and other field formats, see
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman