Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alectrical Alectrical is offline

Default Appendix TOC

Hi

I need to create a TOC that just lists the headings in an appendix, at
present I get a duplication of my main TOC at the beginning of the document.
I need to place this TOC at the beginning of the appendix.

Thanks
Alec
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can bookmark the pages of your appendix and then create a TOC for the
bookmarked text. See the "A partial table of contents" section in the
article at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TOCSwitches.htm.

A different approach (which is quite useful at times) is explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Alectrical" wrote in message
Hi

I need to create a TOC that just lists the headings in an appendix, at
present I get a duplication of my main TOC at the beginning of the
document.
I need to place this TOC at the beginning of the appendix.

Thanks
Alec

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alectrical Alectrical is offline

Thanks Stefan
That was most helpful.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can bookmark the pages of your appendix and then create a TOC for the
bookmarked text. See the "A partial table of contents" section in the
article at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TOCSwitches.htm.

A different approach (which is quite useful at times) is explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Alectrical" wrote in message
Hi

I need to create a TOC that just lists the headings in an appendix, at
present I get a duplication of my main TOC at the beginning of the
document.
I need to place this TOC at the beginning of the appendix.

Thanks
Alec

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help.

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can bookmark the pages of your appendix and then create a TOC for the
bookmarked text. See the "A partial table of contents" section in the
article at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TOCSwitches.htm.

A different approach (which is quite useful at times) is explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Alectrical" wrote in message
Hi

I need to create a TOC that just lists the headings in an appendix, at
present I get a duplication of my main TOC at the beginning of the
document.
I need to place this TOC at the beginning of the appendix.

Thanks
Alec

Appendix "pointing" to wrong appendix! Henn9660 Microsoft Word Help 4 April 2nd 09 11:28 PM
Appendix Help!! pmwallis Page Layout 1 October 14th 08 06:30 PM
Appendix Phil Ardussi[_3_] Formatting Long Documents 2 August 13th 08 12:01 AM
How to add an appendix to a document? NYRF Microsoft Word Help 1 April 25th 08 05:34 PM
Captions in Appendix mminch Microsoft Word Help 4 October 3rd 07 11:10 PM