Laurina

Default Print of mail merged labels

I regularly mail out to many people, I use Excel as the data file. I have no
problem (now) compiling and formatting the label. The problem comes when it's
time to print. I keep having to press the online button on the printer. When
printing several hundred labels, this becomes somewhat irritating. I've tried
printing straight to the printer and 'editing' the labels to create a new
file and then printing but the same thing happens. Clearly there is some kind
of instruction that halts the printer in case you've left letterhead in or
something. Is there are way of overriding this?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TGF1cmluYQ==?=,

I regularly mail out to many people, I use Excel as the data file. I have no
problem (now) compiling and formatting the label. The problem comes when it's
time to print. I keep having to press the online button on the printer. When
printing several hundred labels, this becomes somewhat irritating. I've tried
printing straight to the printer and 'editing' the labels to create a new
file and then printing but the same thing happens. Clearly there is some kind
of instruction that halts the printer in case you've left letterhead in or
something. Is there are way of overriding this?

This sounds like a printer (driver) issue. The best place to get help with this
would be the word.printingfonts newsgroup. And be sure to mention the type of
printer you have.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org