lilogirl

Default How do I shut off default double spacing between lines?

Within my emails and word documents, there is automatic double spacing
between lines when I hit return. When I am typing and do not press return,
then the single spacing persists.
Luc

Lilogirl,
Are you saying this happens in all your documents in Word? Most probably you
have 12 pt space after your paragraphs.
If it is an issue in only one document, just hit CTRL+Q in your paragraph,
that should clear all paragraph formatting leaving you with the standard
settings.
If it is an issue for all new documents, then you'll probably have to edit
normal.dot. In that case have a look he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm
This will explain it in detail for all Word versions.
Luc

"lilogirl" schreef in bericht
news
Within my emails and word documents, there is automatic double spacing
between lines when I hit return. When I am typing and do not press return,
then the single spacing persists.

Daiya Mitchell

Word is putting Space After on each paragraph, because that's commonly
requested. You want to set the Space After to 0, which is a Format |
Paragraph setting. Easiest would be to remove it from the style in use,
because that will change it for all new documents. See here for how:
http://shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ModifyAStyle.html

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/