rogerj

Default I have a protected document with hyperlinks (Place in Document

hi, i have the same problem as described by ju but don't understan the
solution re using a dummey filed. can either party to this discussion explain
the dummy filed and how i can use it to make my hyperlink connect to help
text within my forms doc?

"JU" wrote:

Thanks for the info. I tried using a dummy field and it works. One last
question. Is there a way to put a backlink?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Within a protected document (for forms) bookmarks that are not enabled form
fields are ignored by hyperlinks. The only place that you can jump to in a
protected section of a document is an enabled form field.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"JU" wrote in message
If it could work for regular hyperlinks then why wont it work for links to
specific places in documents. Do I need to make fields to the links? What

is
your suggestion? or Microsoft word is not capable of doing this? Is your
answer is unclear.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Not really. Within protected sections of a document, (macrobutton)
hyperlinks only work to fields.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"JU" wrote in message
I have a protected document with hyperlinks that apparently doesnt

work. I
seen the other Q/A's on your site but mines is different since the

links
are
connected to other places in the document. Is it possible to fix this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rynes01

rogerj -

I, too, have the same problem. Were you ever able to resolve this and find
out what is meant by a "dummey" field?