sisterpete

Default Form Data Recovery

I have a Word doc that has forms in it, and I had the form fields protected.
I had the doc full of Info. I came upon some new data that I needed to store
in the same file, so I unprotected the document, added the "extra" form
fields, re-protected the document, saved and suddenly every single field in
the form is entirely blank. I cannot recover it... is all lost?

Thanks for your help, Jimmy
Doug Robbins

If you have the document still open, you might try using Undo. I am not
sure though if it will work or if you will need to unprotect the document to
use it.

Under the circumstances that you describe, to retain the data that had been
entered into the formfields, it is necessary to use the following code in a
macro to re-protect the form:

ActiveDocument.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP