Default combining tables of contents

Hi,

I have several word 2000 documents. What i want to do is create a
table of contents for each document, and then take all the tables of
contents and paste them into one new word document to create one
overall table of contents. The problem is that when i do this it looks
fine on the computer screen, but as soon as i try to print, each page
number link changes to "error! book mark not defined". I don't care if
the links work in the word document, but they have to look right when
they print! If i try to paste as unformatetd text, the formatting of
the table of contents is lost of course.

Combining all the word documents together is not an option, as they are

all rather large and contain multiple excel graphs, and each document
has it's own page numbering, so if i combine them together word either
crashes or the page numbering gets messed up.

Please Help! Thank you.

Thank you very much!