SeanDi'Anno

Default DATES KEEP CHANGING TO US FORMAT IN WORD (MERGING)

Despite checking my regional settings which indicate that everything is set
to UK. When ever I mail merge from excel to word my UK dates e.g. 10/01/05
are converting to US style dates e.g. 01/10/05. I am working with Office
2003 on a Windows XP platform. I even installed Microsoft Office 2003 Destop
Language settings which indicated that everything was set to English (UK).

Any ideas
Anne Troy

Format the data in your field codes.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SeanDi'Anno" wrote in message
Despite checking my regional settings which indicate that everything is
set
to UK. When ever I mail merge from excel to word my UK dates e.g.
10/01/05
are converting to US style dates e.g. 01/10/05. I am working with Office
2003 on a Windows XP platform. I even installed Microsoft Office 2003
Destop
Language settings which indicated that everything was set to English (UK).

Any ideas

SeanDi''''Anno

Thank you Anne for your swift reply. I tried this technique within the word
document and sure enough I was able to edit the field code so that the date
formatted correctly. How ever, how do I change it so that the date will
alway appear in the correct way. i.e. for new documents? Can the field
codes be changed permanately.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Format the data in your field codes.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SeanDi'Anno" wrote in message
Despite checking my regional settings which indicate that everything is
set
to UK. When ever I mail merge from excel to word my UK dates e.g.
10/01/05
are converting to US style dates e.g. 01/10/05. I am working with Office
2003 on a Windows XP platform. I even installed Microsoft Office 2003
Destop
Language settings which indicated that everything was set to English (UK).

Any ideas

Charles Kenyon

First. Never use Insert Date.
Put the field code, formatted the way you want, in your document's template.
I would recommend using the CreateDate field.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Format the data in your field codes.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SeanDi'Anno" wrote in message
Despite checking my regional settings which indicate that everything is
set
to UK. When ever I mail merge from excel to word my UK dates e.g.
10/01/05
are converting to US style dates e.g. 01/10/05. I am working with
Office
2003 on a Windows XP platform. I even installed Microsoft Office 2003
Destop
Language settings which indicated that everything was set to English
(UK).

Any ideas

Anne Troy

Hi, Sean. If you mean can you change it so next time you create a main doc
the merge field will auto-including your formatting, I think not. Sorry.
Glad we got it sorted for ya!
************

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Format the data in your field codes.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SeanDi'Anno" wrote in message
Despite checking my regional settings which indicate that everything is
set
to UK. When ever I mail merge from excel to word my UK dates e.g.
10/01/05
are converting to US style dates e.g. 01/10/05. I am working with
Office
2003 on a Windows XP platform. I even installed Microsoft Office 2003
Destop
Language settings which indicated that everything was set to English
(UK).

Any ideas

SeanDi''''Anno

Crikey Charles,

I was hoping some one would say, Sean...Its becuase you need to go to tool
and select the "Don't change dates to us format" button. I'm harldy an
expert at word. Can you put this in a , Meant for a small child" format.
Sorry to appear stupid. Referring back to the original question, I just
don't understand why despite regional settings already being set to UK, why
dates are ignoring that setting and being displayed in a US format.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Format the data in your field codes.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SeanDi'Anno" wrote in message
Despite checking my regional settings which indicate that everything is
set
to UK. When ever I mail merge from excel to word my UK dates e.g.
10/01/05
are converting to US style dates e.g. 01/10/05. I am working with
Office
2003 on a Windows XP platform. I even installed Microsoft Office 2003
Destop
Language settings which indicated that everything was set to English
(UK).

Any ideas

Charles Kenyon

I didn't answer your original question because I do so little mailmerge
using merged dates. If you are inserting a current date during your merge
rather than merging a date from data, you can use one of the built-in fields
mentioned. You can set up your mergefield for the date (from a data source)
using the "picture" switches described. I don't know anything about regional
settings other than to set my own.