Thom

Default Need fix for Word 2003 "Runtime Error 91" when closing program?

When I try to close Word 2003 I get a Visual Basic error message "Runtime
Error 91.....Object variable or with block variable not set". Clicking
"End" on the error window then closes Word 2003.....the other bottons on the
error window don't work, Continue, Debug and Help. Need advice on fixing
this please.
Jezebel

It's a bug in whatever macro or add-in code is running at that point. If
Continue and Debug aren't available, then the code is either in a compiled
add-in (eg a DLL) or -- more likely -- in an add-in which is loaded but not
open. Try opening all your add-ins (listed on Tools Templates and Add-ins)
before closing Word. If it's add-in code causing the problem, and the add-in
is not password protected, Debug will be available, and will take you to the
offending line of code.

You can fix the problem by --

1) fixing the bug, or
2) deleting the macro, or
3) removing the add-in, or
4) disabling all macros.

"Thom" wrote in message
When I try to close Word 2003 I get a Visual Basic error message "Runtime
Error 91.....Object variable or with block variable not set". Clicking
"End" on the error window then closes Word 2003.....the other bottons on
the
error window don't work, Continue, Debug and Help. Need advice on fixing
this please.

Graham Mayor

Word is trying to run a defective macro on closing - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm followed by
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Thom wrote:
When I try to close Word 2003 I get a Visual Basic error message
"Runtime Error 91.....Object variable or with block variable not
set". Clicking "End" on the error window then closes Word
2003.....the other bottons on the error window don't work, Continue,
Debug and Help. Need advice on fixing this please.

Thom

I went into Word, Tools, Templates and Plug ins and found the three pdf files
that were causing the problem and deleted them......now I have no further
problems with the error message appearing......THANKS!!!