Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RKL

Default Table Format for Caution or Warning Notes

What is the best way to add special notes (e.g., caution, warning) to a Word
template? Create a table format and save it as Autotext? My client uses a
vertical format (where CAUTION or WARNING appears in a box above the note,
not off to the left). Is there a way to ensure consistent spacing above and
below the notes? I couldn't find a way to designate space above and below a
table. I want more spacing before and after notes than what appears between
body text paragraphs. I could adjust the cell margins in the note table, but
because I have a border around the CAUTION or WARNING cell, I'd have to
create a dummy row above (to create the space I want), and I'm afraid that
may be confusing to the users of the template.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

Yes, Autotext is the way to go. The actual format depends on the layout,
which is a little hard to visualise from your description. A table with one
column and three rows could work (heading, space, text); or a brace of
textboxes. Table is probably easier because you can fix the height of the
first two rows, and let the third row expand according to the quantity of
text.

As a matter of interest, are you confident that your readers and writers
understand the difference? I did some documents a while ago that used them
obsessively until someone checked and found that hardly anyone knew.

"RKL" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm wondering why a table is required. Why not just have a heading (CAUTION
or WARNING) with a border, then another paragraph below, with styles defined
for each. Easy to add the desired Space Before/After to both styles, and the
second style can be the "Style for following paragraph" for the first.

Table Notes Debra Ann Tables 3 November 10th 05 02:06 PM
How to format cells in a table for currency Jim New Users 2 June 9th 05 11:02 PM
Format of Table of Contents Russell Brook Page Layout 6 December 20th 04 04:38 PM
How do I format my Table of Contents to have hyperlinks? fadeout Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 10:21 PM
Getting the format of a table Kind writer/user/programmer Tables 0 October 29th 04 02:52 AM